Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in Geography and Spatial Planning
14 months fixed-term contract, renewable up to 48 months, full-time (40h/week)
Student & employee status
Area: one of the research fields mentioned below, such as Human geography, i.e. with regard to conceptions of space and territory, Urban studies, preferably theoretical or empirical explorations, Urban and metropolitan governance, i.e. conceptions of power, The science-policy interface in geography and planning, Port cities, logistics and urban planning, Land use planning, housing and sustainable spatial development
- Prepare a doctoral thesis in Geography (see the possible research fields above)
- Assist the professor in his teaching activities, one to three hours per week.
- Master or Diploma in Geography or Spatial Planning/Urban Planning; Master or Diploma in Political Science, History or other Humanities/Social Sciences linked to geographical issues Strong interest in urban development, policy and planning Interest in interdisciplinary work and a reflective methodology
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. (Additional knowledge of either French/German/Luxembourgish is an advantage)
- Opportunity to participate in the development of a newly created university
- An exciting international environment
- A competitive salary
- Well-equipped research facilities
- CV and copies of diploma
- Motivation Letter
- Support letter from at least one recent scientific advisor/professor
- A PhD proposal (2,000 - 2,500 words excluding bibliography) using the following format:
- Introduction and literature review
- Research objectives and expected contribution to the field
- Methodology (including intended dataset to be used if empirical analysis)
- Work plan and expected timetable
Interested candidates are invited to send their complete application exclusively through the on-line application system of the UL (http://recruitment.uni.lu/), until 30th November 2017.
The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer.
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University. For further information, please contact: Prof. Dr. Markus Hesse, Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning: Tel. +352/466644-9627
More info here